Style: true metalcore
Thoughts: Silence fills the air louder than thunder. A singular chime strikes. The world explodes in pure chaos as Brian screams, guitars wail, drums blast, and chaos becomes my reality for the next twenty six minutes.
To say that there are individual tracks on this album is as relevant as saying that there are individual movements in a classical composition. Sure they are there, sure they technically differentiate the individual parts of the score.
What truly matters here is the entire album. The individual parts may contribute but god damn dude this album needs to be taken in as a whole. I haven't heard anything this pissed off and so god damn heavy in ages. Who cares if it's not truly metal? Who cares if there's hardcore in it, this shit is fucking good!
Every moment of the album is filled with more rage, chaos, and is just so fucking pissed off that it's the perfect album to listen to when you need something incredibly angry to resonate with or you just want to channel those emotions into some kind of other medium. This is the album to do that to.
I can't think of enough words to describe just how massive and angry this album is. I haven't heard anything like this in absolute ages. I think I needed this. I needed an album to remind me that I can still be impressed by how simply angry music can be regardless of genre.
I had heard a bit of Knocked Loose before this, I knew all the memes (arf arf), but man I had no idea they were this fucking good. This is exactly what I need in music, something that is so uncompromising in its vision that it demands my god damn respect. Good fucking album.

No comments:
Post a Comment