Style: dungeon synth, astral synth
Thoughts: The sun sets. The curtain of night falls upon the land. As the mortal realm falls into its slumber, the goddess of the night rises to watch over her domain.
Until recently I had never heard Arthuros' music. I saw their albums come up more than once but always passed because of one reason or another. Well the Black Friday itch struck yet again and I ended up picking up Goddess on the cheap... listening to it now I think I would have paid full price on it.
Goddess is an album written for the night, written for a star filled sky. These songs have a majesty to them that not much dungeon synth is capable of. The instruments sparkle like the light of a morning star. The melodies dance together like comets fading into the distance; fleeting and swift.
This is the kind of album that I will revisit more than once when it comes to mind. The kind that once it hits the turntable will have a hard time moving off of it. The only regret that I have is that I did not explore the wonderful music of Arthuros sooner.

No comments:
Post a Comment