Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Entry 1589 - Asagraum - Dawn of Infinite Fire


Style: black metal

Thoughts: There is a sect of thought that believes that female black metal bands are nothing but a gimmick. I think there may be something to that with some bands, but not with Asagraum. This is the real shit.

Dawn of Infinite Fire is a solid if a bit generic slice of black metal. The pace of the album is almost exclusively in the blast beat region with small breaks every now and then. In these breaks the band tends to go for a tad more atmospheric. Overall though the band is as cut throat as they come with razor sharp riffs, cutting vocals, and drums that show a bit of creativity every now and then in between the blasts.

Asagraum's music is not anything that stands out on it's own, but it is exceptionally well composed and arranged. The riffs and leads keep me coming back to the album even though I can't put a finger on why I enjoy it as much as I do. The album just flows really well and I find it hard to find a fault with it, outside of the lack of originality. 

Black metal is a curious genre. I often find myself moving away from it only to come back after an unspecified amount of time. It's the genre that I find the most comfort in, the one that feels most like my musical home. Asagraum's second album is probably not one that I would enjoy as much if I wasn't as into black metal as I am, but as it stands it's an album I enjoy quite thoroughly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entry 1590 - Macroblank - ごめんと言って

Style: vaporwave, barber beats Thoughts: Macroblank has many faces, yet they all point back to the same source. Some of his creations are mo...