Thursday, August 13, 2026

Entry 1590 - Macroblank - ごめんと言って


Style: vaporwave, barber beats

Thoughts: Macroblank has many faces, yet they all point back to the same source. Some of his creations are more focused on jazz, some on lounge, others even still on drum n bass. ごめんと言って is not really any of these, its more like a slow dance album... it's all about the groove.

The main instrument of each track will alternate. A guitar on one track, keyboards on another, even a bass will take the lead from time to time.... but the music always comes back to the core tenant: the beat and that all mighty groove. Each song has this sway to it that encourages my entire body to move in a slow steady way. 

I've heard a lot of Macro's music and I only really like to pick up the albums that stand out in one way or another from his "typical" sound. ごめんと言って is just that. It sounds like the soundtrack to an old 70's buddy cop movie or something that would require an incredible amount of swagger to the soundtrack.

There aren't many Macro albums that I need for my collection anymore. The dude has released so many albums and I own a handful. I have all my favorites more or less, so the collection is nearly complete. Time will tell if more get added or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entry 1590 - Macroblank - ごめんと言って

Style: vaporwave, barber beats Thoughts: Macroblank has many faces, yet they all point back to the same source. Some of his creations are mo...