Monday, October 5, 2026

Entry 1643 - Cynthoni - Draining Love Story


Style: drum n' bass, breakbeat

Thoughts: I'm not sure what's wrong with me. This album has everything that I should love. It's atmospheric, the drums are well programmed, and the songs are well written. For the life  of me though I cannot get into this.

I had the same problem with the original release under Cynthoni's other name. All of the ingredients are there but for the life of me I can't do it. I can't remember a damn thing about the release. Even now when I'm listening to it I can objectively say that this is good music... but it's not resonating with me.

Hell even when the music really speeds up and gets into true drum n' bass territory I can't really get into it. This should be like bread and butter for me in terms of things that I like in the electronic genre... but it's just not. I guess it goes to show that even though something ticks all the right boxes, sometimes it's just not the album for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entry 1644 - Dim - Compendium III

Compendium III by DIM Style: dungeon synth Thoughts: I was once asked what I thought one of the best representations of modern dungeon syn...